Sue Bailey (left) is a Partner, Mediator and family / divorce lawyer at the Norwich office of FM Family Law.
Karen Fox (not shown) is a Mediator and family / divorce lawyer at the Norwich office of FM Family Law.
Christina Hale (centre) is Senior Associate, Mediator and family / divorce lawyer at the Cambridge office of FM Family Law.
Fiona McLeman (centre right) is a Partner, Mediator and family/divorce lawyer at the Cambridge office of FM Family Law.
Kate Smith (far right) is the firm’s Office Manager at FM Family Law.
Solicitor and Partner
- Fiona is the founding member of FM Family Law.
- Fiona is a Solicitor and Partner specialising in divorce, financial settlements, children matters and mediation.
- Fiona qualified as a solicitor in 1997.
- Fiona has been a member of Resolution since 1997.
- Fiona is accredited by Resolution as a specialist in family law (pensions and children matters).
- Fiona qualified as a collaborative family lawyer in 2004.
In 2011, Fiona set up her own firm (then known as Fiona McLeman Family Law) before the company changed name in September 2015 to FM Family Law.
- Fiona has been a Resolution Family Mediator since July 2014.
- Fiona opened the Norwich office, headed by Sue Bailey, in February 2015.
- Fiona is a Trustee for Relate Cambridge (www.relate.org.uk)
Fiona McLeman is “able to mediate clients’ problems to reach a solution that benefits the family as a whole.” She gives “reasonable, pragmatic advice from an early stage” on issues of financial remedy, often for professionals and high net worth individuals.- Chambers and Partners UK edition 2016
Lawyer and Partner
- Sue is a Lawyer and Partner of FM Family Law.
- Sue specialises exclusively in family law, and has done since 2006. In March 2015 Sue opened the Norwich branch FM Family Law.
- Sue is a Collaborative lawyer and has been since 2010.
- Sue is a Family Mediator and has been since 2014.
- Sue is a committee member of the Norfolk and Norwich branch of Resolution and is a committee member of the Norfolk and Norwich Law Society.
- Sue has a keen eye for detail and her memory recall is second to none. She has a kind and empathetic manner, and is passionate about putting families first.
Sue Bailey “has strong knowledge of family law matters and is very supportive throughout the divorce process.” She is a qualified collaborative lawyer and mediator, with strong technical skills in high asset value separations as well as complex private children matters. – Chambers and Partners UK edition 2016
Lawyer and Senior Associate
- Christina is a Lawyer and Senior Associate.
- Christina has specialised exclusively in family law since 2006.
Christina works at the Cambridge office of FM Family Law, having joined in March 2014. Christina was instrumental in helping Fiona set up the firm’s Cambridge office at 8 Wellington Court.
Christina is a family mediator having qualified in 2014. Christina serves as the Young Resolution representative on Cambridge & West Suffolk Resolution committee and on the committee of Cambridge & Ely Children’s Contact Centre www.ceccc.org.uk.
Christina is best known for her skills at cutting through the woods and helping her clients see the trees.
Karen brings 30 years of family law experience and wisdom to the team. She has specialised exclusively in family law throughout her career. She is known to be tenacious and outcome focused, yet puts clients at ease with her calm and reassuring manner. This is evidenced by the theme of testimonials from her clients who say they feel listened to and entirely supported while guided by Karen through difficult times.
Kate joined FM Family Law in February 2015 as Office Manager. Prior to then and for 26 years Kate had worked in the private banking arm of LLoyds TSB in Cambridge. Kate looks after all lawyers in both offices in a wide variety of roles, as well as proving a valuable resource for clients.